Thursday, October 16, 2014

Survey: Would You Join?

Since no member of the Student Hip-Hop Organization got in contact with me in time for an interview, I decided to throw up another survey that would ask ten people whether or not they would join a hip-hop oriented club. To no surprise, I found that 6/10 people surveyed said they would join a hip-hop club, some even getting more inquisitive asking for information. I wish I could have told them more, and there in lies the problem. The University of Kentucky is home to 30,000 students. 30,000. Yet, it seems that this club has taken no measures to reach their base! Can you fathom how rich the club would be in culture if even an eighth of the hip-hop loving populace were to join? It would be unreal. This club is a gold mine waiting to be struck but it just doesn't seem to buy into its own hype. Granted, at the moment there is not much hype to be excited for based on past experiences, but it is a new club on campus having only operated for two years, this being the third if they do indeed end up operating.

Why has the Student Hip-Hop Organization gone quiet? I know that they had a booth by the student center during club fair day, or whatever name it went under, so I am inclined to believe that they have every intention of growing this year. It is just disappointing to see because come on guys, I'm trying to do a good thorough job on researching you and getting interview and I have been given next to nothing! When will the SHHO reach out to us? As Rick Ross once said "ioeno".

No comments:

Post a Comment